Lagiga Data Forensics
EFFECTIVE DATE: OCTOBER 14, 2013
- Scope. Lagiga Data Forensics., and its affiliates (“we” or “Lagiga Data Forensics”), respect the privacy of persons who access or use the Website (defined below) (each such person, a “User”). This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) outlines Lagiga Data Forensics’s privacy practices regarding the collection and use of information obtained from Lagiga Data Forensics’s http://www.lagiga.co.za website, Lagiga Data Forensics websites located on that website’s sub-domains, such as https://www.lagiga.co.za, and Lagiga Data Forensics materials and services accessible through those websites (individually and collectively, the “Website”), except that a separate privacy statement or statement specific to a particular Lagiga Data Forensicsor third-party program, product, service may supersede or supplement this Privacy Statement.
- Lagiga Data Forensics’s Collection and Use of Information. Lagiga Data Forensics collects and uses User Information in connection with a User’s access and use of the Website. Lagiga Data Forensics uses User Information to provide materials and services users request, to improve functioning of the Website, to host Website forums and social networks in which Users may participate, and to maintain account profiles of registered users. Lagiga Data Forensics may also use User Information for marketing purposes, to help plan and host corporate events, or to provide Users with information about Lagiga Data Forensics products or services. Lagiga Data Forensics does not target the Website to, nor knowingly collect or use information from, Users who are under the age of 18 years.
- Collection or Use of Information by Third-Parties. The Website may contain links to websites of third parties. Lagiga Data Forensics does not make any representation regarding the information practices or content of such third-party websites, and this Privacy Statement does not apply to such third-party web sites or their respective privacy practices. Lagiga Data Forensics encourages Users to contact the operators of non-Lagiga Data Forensics websites and/or review the privacy statements set out on such websites to learn more about the applicable information practices of such websites. Except as described in this Privacy Statement, Lagiga Data Forensics does not share, sell, rent, or trade User Information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Service Providers. Lagiga Data Forensics may share User Information with third-party service providers it has contracted with so that those service providers can provide services requested by Users. Lagiga Data Forensics may also share User Information with Lagiga Data Forensics’s service providers to ensure the quality of information provided on the Website.
- Lagiga Data Forensics Affiliates. The Lagiga Data Forensics may share User Information with its affiliates, including any successors-in-interest or entities with which Lagiga Data Forensics becomes affiliated as the result of merger or acquisition. Such sharing may be necessary to ensure continued operation of the Website, continued delivery of products or services, or for other relationship management purposes.
- Business Partners. From time to time, Lagiga Data Forensics may partner with third-party entities for the purpose of jointly offering products or services to Users. If a user purchases or specifically expresses interest in Lagiga Data Forensics products or services, Lagiga Data Forensics may share with its applicable business partners the User Information collected in connection with such purchase or expression of interest. Lagiga Data Forensics does not control its business partners’ use of User Information, and their use of any User Information in their possession is outside the scope of this Privacy Statement.
- Disclosures Under Law. Lagiga Data Forensics reserves the right to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if Lagiga Data Forensics reasonably believes that use or disclosure is necessary to protect Lagiga Data Forensics’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- Types of Information Collected and Used. Lagiga Data Forensics may collect and use the following types of information in connection with a User’s use of the Website (“User Information”).
- “Non-Personal Information” – Information, such as company annual revenues, number of employees, industry, or corporate network information that you may provide to Lagiga Data Forensics in connection with your access or use of the Website that does not qualify as “Personal Information” (as defined below).
- “Personal Information” – Certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, employer’s name, address, phone number, or email address, that you may provide to Lagiga Data Forensics in connection with your access or use of the Website.
- “Usage Information” – Information related to a User’s use of the Website that may be collected during the course of such use by Lagiga Data Forensics using common information gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons. Usage Information typically includes information that is readily available from most web browsers used to access the Website, such as the browser type, browser language, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and any actions you take on the Website, such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked.
- Collection Methods. Lagiga Data Forensics uses common information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect various information as Users navigate the Website. Below is a list describing methods by which Lagiga Data Forensics may collect and use User Information.
- Web Beacons. Lagiga Data Forensics uses web beacons, alone or in conjunction with cookies, to collect Usage Information regarding Users’ interaction with emails they receive from Lagiga Data Forensics. A web beacon is an electronic object embedded in a web page or email that can recognize certain types of information on a User’s computer, such as the time and date of a page viewed, and a description of where the web beacon is placed. For example, web beacons that Lagiga Data Forensics places in outbound marketing emails will notify Lagiga Data Forensics when the recipients open an email or navigate to the Website by clicking a link located within in the email. Lagiga Data Forensics typically uses web beacons to assist operation of the Website and improve Lagiga Data Forensics’s email communications. Users may be able to disable web beacons in email messages by not downloading external objects contained in the message they receive (this feature varies depending on the email software used on the User’s personal computer). However, doing this may not always disable a web beacon or other automatic data collection tools in the email message due to specific email software capabilities. For more information about this, please refer to the information provided by your email software or service provider.
- Performance Cookies. Cookies that collect information about how Users access and Use the Website, including which webpages Users visit most often, and whether Users receive error messages from certain webpages. Performance Cookies do not collect Personal Information for the purpose of identifying individual Users. Performance Cookies provide only Non-Personal Information, which Lagiga Data Forensics uses solely to improve the Website’s content and performance. From time to time, Lagiga Data Forensics may engage third parties to track and analyze certain User Information. Lagiga Data Forensics may also utilize Flash cookies for these purposes.
- Functionality Cookies. Cookies that store information entered or actions taken by a User (such as username, language, or geographic region) that enable the Website to provide access and features that are tailored to that specific User. Functionality Cookies also enable registered Users to optimize their use when logged-in to the Website. Functionality Cookies can also be used to store display preferences a User has set, such as text size, font, local language, or other customizable Website features. Lagiga Data Forensics may also use flash cookies to store User preferences or settings, or to display content based upon the User’s access and use of the Website.
- International Transfer of Information. Lagiga Data Forensics may transfer User Information to other Lagiga Data Forensics-owned business entities in the United States and worldwide. By accessing the Website, registering for an account or service, or otherwise providing Lagiga Data Forensicswith User Information, Users consent to this transfer of their User Information throughout the global Lagiga Data Forensics network of entities.
- Posted Content. The Website may contain sections, such as bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms, in which Users can post information that can be viewed by the public or other Users. Lagiga Data Forensics is not responsible for any Personal Information that you post to any such section of the Website.
- User Management. Users have options for controlling how Lagiga Data Forensics is allowed to use certain information. Users may manage their receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of Lagiga Data Forensics emails. Additionally, a User may email communication preferences to firstname.lastname@example.org Registered Users cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their active Website accounts. If at any time a User wishes to revise any information Lagiga Data Forensics maintains about the User, or otherwise change the use to which such information can be put, the User should contact Lagiga Data Forensics at: email@example.com
- Data Security. Lagiga Data Forensics employs security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information Lagiga Data Forensics collects online. The Website supports Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology using both server authentication and data encryption. The Website also employs an advanced security method based on dynamic data and encoded session identifications, and is hosted in a secure server environment that uses firewalls and other security technologies.
- Changes to this Privacy Statement. Lagiga Data Forensics reserves the right to revise this Privacy Statement or any part of it from time to time. Please review this Privacy Statement periodically as posted on the Website for any changes.
- Contacting Lagiga Data Forensics. Questions regarding this Privacy Statement should be directed to Lagiga Data Forensics by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org